- Dharsani Rampersaud won AAAG’s summer essay competition. Her grand prize was one 90mm telescope, personally handed over. See blog section for her essay and picture.
- Documentary viewing of the film Apollo 11 announced. See here for more info: https://tinyurl.com/y67detyj
- New essay competition announce! Grand prize is one brand new 90mm refractor telescope. More details on our blog section. Check it out!
- Athar Khan, one of the key coordinators of AAAG, joined radio host, Ms. Veronica Ramsaroop, on 97.5FM for a discussion about our activities in Guyana.
- A happy new year to our followers! We have a lot in store for this year. We’ll be organizing more school and public outreach programmes, more competitions, and more giveaways as we seek to promote an interest in astronomy. This month, registered members will benefit from two online discussions, one on the upcoming Total Lunar Blood Moon Eclipse and the other in conversation with the University of West Indies Stargazers on-campus club. To join in, simply register as a member for free! Clear skies!
- Public Christmas star party was a great success! Presents, and other goodies were distributed to guests. Among the prizes was one 50mm carbon fiber telescope.
- Our first astro-poetry competition ended, with the winner, Marisa Seepersaud, taking home her grand prize of one 90mm refractor telescope, as well as an introduction to using telescopes book-guide to go with it.
- Christmas Star-party announced! Check our Facebook event here:
- See an exclusive short-film highlighting our passion for the night sky. Click here
- Star party organized and executed successfully at the Georgetown Seawall, bandstand area, held on 26th Oct, 2018. More details to follow in a blogpost.
- Astro-poetry competition in progress. Submissions open until December. More details here.
- New services available! Outdoor camping, telescope sales and rental (rentals currently being reviewed). See Services section above for more details.
- Art Competition has ended. The winner of a brand new 70mm refractor telescope to be announced before the end of September.
- Art competition has commenced. Grand prize is a free telescope! Read more on our Facebook page
- Stream Ferlin’s interview with Gavin Mendonca on 98.1 HotFM on Astronomy in Guyana. Link here.
- New competition to win a free telescope to be announced soon! Follow us on Facebook to stay connected.
- The winner of the first essay competition is Omari Joseph. Read his essay here: How astronomy can positively impact Guyanese culture
- AAAG’s founder, Ferlin F. Pedro, was invited to talk about astronomy on 98.1 Hot FM with host Gavin Mendonca (local singer and musician with his first album titled ‘Creole Rock’, see here).
- The May star party was cancelled due to bad weather. It will be rescheduled until weather is better suited for night time observing.
- AAAG’s founder, Ferlin F. Pedro, visited School of the Nations to present on astronomy to 80 students, organized and assisted by the Principal, Ms. Mischka White.
- There was a lecture on an introduction to astrophotography by AAAG’s founder, Ferlin F. Pedro, on the 25th May, 2018, in collaboration with the University of Guyana Computer Science Department, organized by Ms. Penelope Defreitas.
- AAAG’s first essay competition ended on the 20th of May, 2018. The essay focused on the theme ‘How can astronomy positively impact Guyanese culture’. The winner was announced on 24th May, 2018.